That is why we have made this summary for you, which you can read in less than 2 minutes. This summary will give you the necessary information in no time!
First of all, what is Expect Me?
- Expect Me is a software company that facilitates room selection and upselling for hotel guests via a platform at www.expect-me.com
When can you use Expect Me?
- You must also agree to Our Privacy Statement. The personal information You share with Us will always remain Your property and Expect Me will only use it to provide the Services to You. For more information on this topic, We invite You to review Our Privacy Statement.
How can you use Expect Me?
- You may only use Our Services as intended and are jointly responsible with Us for the confidentiality of Your use.
- You may use Our Services only for private purposes.
If you need technical support, you can always send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also important to know:
- Expect Me always remains the owner of the Services and of all related intellectual property rights. You remain the owner of Your data at all times.
- Expect Me can only be held liable for damages directly attributable to Us, and to the extent permitted by law, with a limit of €1,250 per cause of damage.
DISCLAIMER: We are licensing the Services on an “as is” and “as available” basis and make no warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, with respect to the Services (including any content contained therein), including (without limitation) any implied warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. In order to use these Services, You must first read and accept Our Privacy Statement. You are prohibited from using Our Services without first accepting Our Privacy Statement.
Table of contents
- Description of the Services
- Use of the Services
- Licence – Restrictions
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Privacy and Protection of Your Personal Data
- Warranties and disclaimers
- Duration and termination
2. Description of the Services
2.1 Expect Me is a software company that facilitates room selection and upselling for hotel guests via a platform at www.expect-me.com (hereinafter the “Website”).
3. Use of the Services
3.1. The Services can only be used by natural persons who are at least 18 years old.
3.2. With regard to the use of the Services, each User is obliged:
- comply with the provisions of any law, regulation, ordinance or decision of the federal, regional, local or international authorities;
- refrain from manipulating the information provided in any way or by any technique;
- not to send data, messages or documents via the Services, or to load data or documents via the Services:
- violating the rights (including, but not limited to, moral rights or intellectual property rights) of any party other than You or Expect Me (hereinafter “Third Party(ies)”) or of the providers of the Services;
- the content of which is harmful, defamatory, violent, unlawful, obscene or humiliating or violates the privacy of Third Parties;
- The use or possession of which by the User is prohibited by law or by agreement;
- which contain viruses or instructions that may cause damage to the Services and/or hinder or disrupt the services provided via the Services.
3.3. In order to use the Services, You must have an Internet connection. You are solely responsible for the telecommunications of computer network equipment necessary to use the Services. You are solely responsible for making this available.
3.4. In order to use the Services, You agree that We shall automatically create a user account under Your name enabling Our provision of the Services.
3.5. You are also responsible for the security and confidentiality of Your use of the Services. You are advised to keep Your communications with Us secure and not to communicate or disclose them to Third Parties.
3.6. You are fully responsible for all activities conducted under Your name. You agree to notify Us immediately of any unauthorized use of the Services under Your name or any other breach of security. We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from Your failure to comply with the above requirements.
3.7. The Services may only be intended for private use. The Services may not be used for commercial or business purposes unless We have approved You as a partner.
4. License – Restrictions
4.3. Neither you nor a Third Party shall under any circumstances:
- decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer the software, or attempt to reconstruct or discover in any way the source code, underlying ideas, algorithms, file formats or programming interfaces of the Services;
- change, remove or make illegible any product identification, proprietary information, copyright notices, digital watermarks or other notices in or on the Services;
- modify, adapt or change any part of the Services, create a derivative work from any part of the Services or integrate the Services into or with other software, except as expressly permitted by Us in writing;
- Giving yourself unauthorised access to Our IT infrastructure or structure in order to access the Services or use the Services to carry out or promote illegal activities;
- use the Services to generate unsolicited email advertisements or spam;
- Use an automatic, electronic or manual high-volume process to access, search or collect information on the Services (including but not limited to robots, spiders or scripts);
- impersonate another person or entity;
- intentionally distribute worms, Trojan horses, corrupt files or other destructive or fraudulent elements or use the Services for illegal, intrusive, infringing, defamatory or fraudulent purposes;
- remove or otherwise circumvent technical and other protective measures in the Services.
4.4. By uploading, creating or otherwise transmitting information, data or images through the Services and without prejudice to the provisions of Our Privacy Statement, You grant Us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, sublicensable and transferable license to use, copy, store, modify, transmit and display User Content as necessary to supplement and update the Services.
5. Intellectual Property Rights
(a) copyright, neighboring rights and moral rights;
(b) trademark or service mark rights;
(c) rights to trade secrets, know-how and expertise;
(d) patents, patent rights and industrial property rights and supplementary protection certificates;
(e) rights to layout design rights;
(f) trade and company names, domain names, database rights, rental rights and all other industrial and intellectual property rights or similar rights (whether registered or unregistered);
(g) registrations, registration services, renewals, extensions, subdivisions, improvements or reissues relating to these rights and the right to apply, maintain and enforce any of the foregoing, in any case and in any jurisdiction worldwide, as long as this protection applies;
(hereinafter the “Intellectual Property Rights“) stay Our exclusive property.
7.1. If You require technical support, please contact email@example.com. We will make reasonable efforts to answer Your questions in the shortest possible time and to solve Your technical problems with Our Services.
8. Privacy and Protection of Your Personal Data
8.1. Your privacy is very important to Us and We will comply with all applicable laws when processing any information that can lead to the identification of a natural person (hereinafter Your “Personal Data“).
8.2. You will always retain ownership of Your Personal Data. Expect Me only uses Your Personal Data to deliver the Services to You, to inform You about them and to improve Our Services.
8.3. Our general statement on privacy and processing of personal data (hereinafter referred to as the “Privacy Statement“), available at [LINK] provides further information on how We collect and process Your Personal Data.
Before You can use Our Services, You must agree to Our Privacy Statement.
9.1. To the extent permitted by law, We will not, under any circumstances, be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial of service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect Your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other protected material through Your use of Our Services.
9.2. Expect Me undertakes reasonable efforts and uses all available resources to ensure the quality of the Services.
Despite the aforementioned efforts, Expect Me cannot be held liable for any material or physical damage resulting from the User’s acts or omissions based on the Services. Nor can Expect Me be held liable for the acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches or omissions of third parties (including, without limitation, its licensors and other service providers).
Expect Me may not, under any circumstances, be held liable by the User, directly or indirectly, specifically or otherwise, for material or physical damage due to the use of the Services or of any other, particularly as a result of links or hyperlinks, including, without limitation, all losses, work interruptions, damage to programs or other data on computer systems, to equipment, software or other of the User. The Services may contain hyperlinks to, or indirectly refer to websites or pages of third parties (including, but not limited to their licensors and other service providers). The provision of links to such websites or pages in no way implies any implicit approval of their content by Expect Me.
- Your unauthorized use of the Services;
- Your use of the Services in conjunction with products or services that do not belong to Us.
9.5. The Services may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors, including in respect of the Fees. We do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the content and services offered on Our Services. Furthermore, We expressly reserve the right to correct any erroneous information on the Services.
9.6. We shall not be liable in any way for damages resulting from Your acts or omissions based on the content available on the Services. We shall also not be liable for any actions, advice, errors, omissions, representations, warranties or breaches of duty of any Third Party independent service providers.
10. Warranties and disclaimers
- By Us
We do not guarantee that:
- All errors can be corrected or access to or operation of the products will always be uninterrupted, secure and free from errors;
- The information, including but not limited to the results, available on the Services is true, complete and accurate.
10.3. You expressly acknowledge and agree that Your use of the Services and the results is at Your sole risk. You acknowledge and agree that there are risks associated with transmitting and storing information over the Internet and that We will not be liable for any loss of data, including, but not limited to, results and any related user content.
10.4. As provided herein, We will indemnify and defend You against substantiated and valid claims by Third Parties to the extent the claim is based on a violation of the Third Party’s intellectual property rights by the Services and/or the Documentation and excluding claims resulting from:
- Your unauthorized use of the Services;
- Changes to the Services by You or by a Third Party appointed by You;
- Your failure to use the latest version of the Services and/or documentation made available to You or Your failure to incorporate or install corrections in the Services and/or documentation when We indicated that the update or correction was necessary to prevent a potential breach;
- Your use of the Services in conjunction with products or Services not specifically provided by Us, without Our express consent.
10.5. Such an indemnification obligation shall be subject to the following conditions:
- We shall be immediately informed in writing of any such claim or demand;
- We will determine the defense and settlement of such a claim at our own discretion;
- At Our request, You will cooperate fully with Us in the defense and settlement of such claim at Our expense;
- You shall not make any representations as to Our liability with respect to any such claim, nor shall You agree to any settlement with respect to any such claim, without Our prior written consent.
If these conditions are met, We will indemnify You for all damages and costs incurred by You as a result of such claim, as awarded by a court of competent jurisdiction in final instance or as agreed in the settlement with Our plaintiffs.
10.6. If, in Our reasonable opinion, the Services are likely to be the subject of an infringement claim by a Third Party, We reserve the right, in Our discretion and at Our own expense:
- to modify the Services (or the (allegedly) infringing part thereof) so that the infringement no longer exists, but the equivalent functionality is retained;
- By the User
10.7. You will indemnify and hold Us harmless from any claim, demand, loss, liability or damage of any kind, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, whether in tort or contract, that they or any of them may face as a result of a Third Party claim relating to:
- Content that violates the Intellectual Property Rights of third parties;
- Fraud, deliberate deception or gross negligence on Your part.
10.8. We are under no obligation to You to back up any User Content and/or advice given. You agree that use of the Services contrary to or in violation of the User’s terms and warranties in this section constitutes unauthorized and inappropriate use of the Services.
11.1. We reserve the right at any time, with or without cause and without notice or liability to You:
- modify the Services. This includes the removal or discontinuation, temporarily or permanently, of any service or other feature of the Services without any liability to the User or Third Parties; and/or
- Reject or terminate your use of and/or access to the Services, in whole or in part, temporarily or permanently.
11.4. With respect to amendments, additions and/or modifications of Our Privacy Statement, You will be notified separately in accordance with Our Privacy Statement.
12. Duration and termination
12.2. We may immediately terminate Your use of the Services at any time if You provide false, incomplete or inaccurate information when subscribing to Our Services or at any other time during the provision of the Services.
- Force majeure
13.1. We shall not be liable for any failure or delay in performance of Our obligations in respect of the Services if such failure or delay is due to causes beyond Our control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, strikes, lockouts, riots, epidemics, fire, communication failures, power failures, earthquakes, other disasters, unauthorized access to Our information technology systems by Third Parties or for any other reason if Our failure to perform the obligations is beyond Our reasonable control.
- Full agreement
13.6. All Our notifications intended to be received by You are deemed delivered and effective when sent to the email address You provided when You subscribed to Our Services. If You change this email address, You must also change Your email address on the personal settings page.
VII. Expiry of the agreement
13.7. Articles 5, 8, 9, 10, 12 and 13.8 shall remain in force even after the termination or expiry of the agreement.
VIII. Applicable law and jurisdiction
13.8. The agreement shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with Belgian law and shall not be construed in accordance with any conflicting laws or regulations. The courts and tribunals of Antwerp have exclusive jurisdiction if a dispute arises in relation to the Services.